Saturday, April 7, 2007

My God is so good... All the time.


Hi everyone,

The past week was very challenging for me. Me and the wife was somewhat "removed" from my in-law's place where we were bunking in temporarily.

It was emotionally draining for the both us. Especially my wife. She's carrying our baby who'll be received into this world come July. But through it all i rested in the Lord and rested on His Word.

That very night when it was past midnight, my wife had cried her eyes out, i needed my time alone with Him. So, i removed myself and went to the kitchen and ate a slice of bread with cheese. After doing so, i told myself that above all else my God will supply me and my wife all the needs that we ever want. In that very moment, i closed my eyes, and started giving thanks to our Lord. I said something like this, "Thank you Father, for everything that you have given me, thank you Father for my beautiful wife, thank you Father for all the future blessings that we will receive as a family. Thank you Jesus for dying for me. Your death, your poverty, your suffering has bought my resurrection Life in my body, my riches and blessings in this world and my joy and happiness in this world. Thank you, Father. In Jesus name, Amen." After that, in my heart, i asked, "Lord, please give me scripture... Your Word that i can rest on." Within a flash of a moment God flashed in my mind Ephesians 5:21. Hmmm, Ephesians 5:21, i wondered what that was. The same moment, i walked back to my room and looked to the Bible.

Ephesians 5:21

Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.


For that moment, this verse did not make sense to me. I was thinking what could it be that God was telling me? Then, within that moment He gave me a prompting. He said, "Reza, what did i teach you? To read in context right? Go back 1 verse and forward 1 verse right?"

And so i did. And to my surprise...

Ephesians 5:20

Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

I was like... WOAH! My God is so good. He's telling me, "Son, you did the right thing." I felt so assured. I felt so blessed that my God can bring Himself down to my level to even speak to me and giving me comfort.

What about verse 22 then?

Eph 5:22

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

At that point of time, i was telling my wife that we have to move out. The environment we were in was too stressful for her and it won't be healthy for Baby. So, she agreed with me that we had to move out. Which fulfils verse 22.

But verse 21 still confused me slightly. Not knowing that it will be fulfilled the next day. The following day, while i was at work, i messaged a dear Brother of mine. I told him i needed to speak to him and possibly meet for dinner to share with him what happened. Maybe he could help us a little bit. He invited my wife and i to his home for dinner. So, at dinner we were sharing our situation and without hesitation he offered us his guest room for us to stay until we could get our own place. It was so touching for me and my wife. She cried and i was also almost brought to tears. We felt so loved. Not even our own natural families could accept us and love us this way. Without question, without conditions. My family in Christ is far greater than my natural family. And as the both of us submitted ourselves to this dear Brother and his lovely wife, Ephesians 5:21 was fulfilled!

This temporary home now is SO awesome and luxurious that it's unimaginable we could afford something like this on our own! It can only be my GOD, my Jesus that loves us so much...

Thank you, Father, for loving me so much that you gave your only Son, Jesus Christ, for me to receive this undeserved favour and provision from you. All blessings, all riches, all provisions have been laid out for me, only to be harvested. Hallelujah, My Christ & Risen One!

I pray and call forth that this Brother and his wife, be awesomely blessed beyond their imaginations, and the Lord prosper them beyond where their prosperity is at this moment, and the Lord hears and fulfils all their hearts desires!

I AM the beloved son of my Father.

Emmanuel

No comments: