Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Joy of The Lord!

Hi everyone...

You know, how we can get so caught up with our day to day goals and targets to reach at work and blah blah blah.

Well, yesterday was really a great day for me at work. The goal that we set for ourselves, we managed to achieve. But the icing on the cake was when my friend decided to come to church with me on Sunday, which was today. I was elated!

And you know what, God doesn't just answer your prayers (i prayed that my friend would come to church with me); He superabounds it! To cut the story short, my friend was saved today! Pastor made the altar call and my friend was the first one to stand up and walked to the front. My wife and I was beaming! I said, Hallelujah! Praise the Lord because He is soooo Gooood! I'm so happy for my friend! This is the Joy that no money can buy, no meeting goals or sales targets, no other thing in this world can give me this joy seeing another brother coming back home to the Lord.

I tell you man, i love it when Pastor preaches about the Prodigal Son. It is exactly what happened today. Once we were all lost but now we are found! It is also a conscious wanting to go home that helps. Because the moment we start turning home looking for our Abba, be it good intentions or even ill intentions, our Abba will hike up His stately garments and run to us and welcome us with a big big HUG and loving tender kiss to welcome us Home! And what happens afterwards? A HUGE party man!

Luke 15:25
And his elder son was in the field. And as he came and drew near the house, he heard music and dancing.

So, the elder son came back, which symbolises our old self, our law and works ridden self, he was angry! Our old selves will never accept what Abba has done for us.

Luke 15:28-31

And he was angry and would not go in. Therefore his father came out and entreated him.
And answering he said to his father, Lo, these many years I have served you, neither did I transgress your commandment at any time. And yet you never gave me a kid so that I might make merry with my friends.
But when this son of yours came, who has devoured your living with harlots, you have killed for him the fattened calf.
And he said to him, Son, you are always with me, and all that I have is yours.

So, the final truth is that, no matter what we do on our own to deserve God's favour, it will never be better than accepting the Truth that He is always with us and all that He has is ours.

Hallelujah, Praise God and our wonderful Saviour Jesus. We thank you and we magnify you and the sheep of the world will be in one flock with one Good Shepherd!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.